Common areas and facilities.
(1) Each apartment owner shall be entitled to an undivided interest in the common areas and facilities in the percentage expressed in the declaration. Such percentage shall be computed by taking as a basis the value of the apartment in relation to the value of the property.
(2) The percentage of the undivided interest of each apartment owner in the common areas and facilities as expressed in the declaration shall not be altered except in accordance with procedures set forth in the bylaws and by amending the declaration. The percentage of the undivided interest in the common areas and facilities shall not be separated from the apartment to which it appertains even though such interest is not expressly mentioned or described in the conveyance or other instrument. Nothing in this section or this chapter shall be construed to detract from or limit the powers and duties of any assessing or taxing unit or official which is otherwise granted or imposed by law, rule, or regulation.
(3) The common areas and facilities shall remain undivided and no apartment owner or any other person shall bring any action for partition or division of any part thereof, unless the property has been removed from the provisions of this chapter as provided in RCW 64.32.150 and 64.32.230. Any covenant to the contrary shall be void. Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as a limitation on the right of partition by joint owners or owners in common of one or more apartments as to the ownership of such apartment or apartments.
(4) Each apartment owner shall have a nonexclusive easement for, and may use the common areas and facilities in accordance with the purpose for which they were intended without hindering or encroaching upon the lawful right of the other apartment owners.
(5) The necessary work of maintenance, repair and replacement of the common areas and facilities and the making of any addition or improvement thereto shall be carried out only as provided in this chapter and in the bylaws.
(6) The association of apartment owners shall have the irrevocable right, to be exercised by the manager or board of directors, to have access to each apartment from time to time during reasonable hours as may be necessary for the maintenance, repair, or replacement of any of the common areas and facilities therein or accessible therefrom, or for making emergency repairs therein necessary to prevent damage to the common areas and facilities or to another apartment or apartments.
[1965 ex.s. c 11 § 2; 1963 c 156 § 5.]