Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter:
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection (1), "charges" include: (a) All lawful charges assessed by a utility operated under chapter 35.21
, 35.67, 36.36, 36.89, 36.94, or 57.08
RCW, but not evidenced by a recorded lien, recorded covenant, recorded agreement, or special assessment roll filed with the city or county treasurer or assessor, and not billed and collected with property taxes; and (b) penalties and interest, and reasonable attorneys' fees and other costs of foreclosure if foreclosure proceedings have been commenced.
(2) "Closing agent" means an escrow agent as defined in *RCW 18.44.011
(6) or a person exempt from licensing requirements under RCW 18.44.021
, handling the escrow on the sale of the real property.
(3) "Real estate agent" means a real estate broker, real estate salesperson, associate real estate broker, or person as defined in **RCW 18.85.010
(1) through (4).
(4) "Business day" means a day the offices of the county or counties in which the utility in question provides service are open for business.
*(1) RCW 18.44.011
was alphabetized pursuant to RCW 1.08.015
(2)(k), changing subsection (6) to subsection (7). RCW 18.44.011
was subsequently amended by 2011 1st sp.s. c 21 § 45, changing subsection (7) to subsection (8).
**(2) RCW 18.85.010
was recodified as RCW 18.85.011
pursuant to 2008 c 23 § 49;
and RCW 18.85.010
was also amended by 2008 c 23 § 1, changing and/or removing the definitions in subsections (1) through (4), effective July 1, 2010.