(1) Every domestic health care service contractor shall annually, on or before the first day of March, file with the commissioner a statement verified by at least two of the principal officers of the health care service contractor showing its financial condition as of the last day of the preceding calendar year. The statement shall be in such form as is furnished or prescribed by the commissioner. The commissioner may for good reason allow a reasonable extension of the time within which such annual statement shall be filed.
(2) In addition to the requirements of subsection (1) of this section, every health care service contractor that is registered in this state shall annually, on or before March 1st of each year, file with the national association of insurance commissioners a copy of its annual statement, along with those additional schedules as prescribed by the commissioner for the preceding year. The information filed with the national association of insurance commissioners shall be in the same format and scope as that required by the commissioner and shall include the signed jurate page and the actuarial certification. Any amendments and addendums to the annual statement filing subsequently filed with the commissioner shall also be filed with the national association of insurance commissioners.
(3) Coincident with the filing of its annual statement and other schedules, each health care service contractor shall pay a reasonable fee directly to the national association of insurance commissioners in an amount approved by the commissioner to cover the costs associated with the analysis of the annual statement.
(4) Foreign health care service contractors that are domiciled in a state that has a law substantially similar to subsection (2) of this section are considered to be in compliance with this section.
(5) In the absence of actual malice, members of the national association of insurance commissioners, their duly authorized committees, subcommittees, and task forces, their delegates, national association of insurance commissioners employees, and all other persons charged with the responsibility of collecting, reviewing, analyzing, and dissimilating the information developed from the filing of the annual statement shall be acting as agents of the commissioner under the authority of this section and shall not be subject to civil liability for libel, slander, or any other cause of action by virtue of their collection, review, analysis, or dissimilation of the data and information collected for the filings required under this section.
(6) The commissioner may suspend or revoke the certificate of registration of any health care service contractor failing to file its annual statement or pay the fees when due or during any extension of time therefor which the commissioner, for good cause, may grant.
[2006 c 25 § 8; 1997 c 212 § 4; 1993 c 492 § 295; 1983 c 202 § 3; 1969 c 115 § 5.]
| Findings -- Intent -- 1993 c 492: See notes following RCW 43.20.050.|
Short title -- Severability -- Savings -- Captions not law -- Reservation of legislative power -- Effective dates -- 1993 c 492: See RCW 43.72.910 through 43.72.915.