As used in this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Benefit contract" means the agreement for provision of benefits authorized by RCW 48.36A.160, as that agreement is described in RCW 48.36A.190(1).
(2) "Benefit member" means an adult member who is designated by the laws or rules of the society to be a benefit member under a benefit contract.
(3) "Certificate" means the document issued as written evidence of the benefit contract.
(4) "Premiums" means premiums, rates, dues or other required contributions by whatever name known, which are payable under the certificate.
(5) "Laws" means the society's articles of incorporation, constitution, and bylaws, however designated.
(6) "Rules" means all rules, regulations, or resolutions adopted by the supreme governing body or board of directors which are intended to have general application to the members of the society.
(7) "Society" means fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise indicated.
(8) "Lodge" means subordinate member units of the society, known as camps, courts, councils, branches, or by any other designation.
[1987 c 366 § 4.]