The commissioner shall issue regulations to establish specific standards, including standards of full and fair disclosure, that set forth the manner, content, and required disclosure for the sale of individual policies of disability insurance which shall be in addition to and in accordance with applicable laws of this state, including RCW 48.20.450
, which may cover but shall not be limited to:
(1) Terms of renewability;
(2) Initial and subsequent conditions of eligibility;
(3) Nonduplication of coverage provisions;
(4) Coverage of dependents;
(5) Preexisting conditions;
(6) Termination of insurance;
(7) Probationary periods;
(11) Elimination periods;
(12) Requirements for replacement;
(13) Recurrent conditions; and
(14) The definition of terms including but not limited to the following: Hospital, accident, sickness, injury, physician, accidental means, total disability, partial disability, nervous disorder, guaranteed renewable, and noncancellable.
Purpose—1975 1st ex.s. c 266:
"The purpose of *sections 14 through 18 of this 1975 amendatory act is to provide reasonable standardization and simplification of terms and coverages of individual disability insurance policies to facilitate public understanding and comparison, to eliminate provisions contained in individual disability insurance policies which may be misleading or unreasonably confusing in connection either with the purchase of such coverages or with the settlement of claims, and to provide for full disclosure in the sale of disability coverages." [ 1975 1st ex.s. c 266 § 15.
During the course of passage of 1975 1st ex.s. c 266 [Substitute House Bill No. 198], the section numbering was changed, but the internal references were not changed accordingly. Thus the reference "sections 14 through 18 of this 1975 amendatory act" appears to be erroneous. Reference to "sections 15 through 19," codified herein as this section and RCW 48.20.450
, was apparently intended.
Severability—1975 1st ex.s. c 266:
See note following RCW 48.01.010