Format of disability policies.
No disability policy shall be delivered or issued for delivery to any person in this state unless it otherwise complies with this code, and complies with the following:
(1) It shall purport to insure only one person, except as to family expense insurance written pursuant to RCW 48.20.340.
(2) The style, arrangement and over-all appearance of the policy shall give no undue prominence to any portion of the text, and every printed portion of the text of the policy and of any endorsements or attached papers shall be plainly printed in light-faced type of a style in general use, the size of which shall be uniform and not less than ten-point with a lower-case unspaced alphabet length not less than one hundred and twenty-point (the "text" shall include all printed matter except the name and address of the insurer, name or title of the policy, the brief description if any, and caption and subcaptions).
(3) The exceptions and reductions of indemnity shall be set forth in the policy and, other than those contained in RCW 48.20.042 to *48.20.272, inclusive, shall be printed, at the insurer's option, either included with the benefit provision to which they apply, or under an appropriate caption such as "Exceptions," or "Exceptions and reductions," except that if an exception or reduction specifically applies only to a particular benefit of the policy, a statement of such exception or reduction shall be included with the benefit provision to which it applies.
(4) Each such form, including riders and endorsements, shall be identified by a form number in the lower left hand corner of the first page thereof.
(5) It shall contain no provision purporting to make any portion of the insurer's charter, rules, constitution, or bylaws a part of the policy unless such portion is set forth in full in the policy, except in the case of the incorporation of, or reference to, a statement of rates or classification of risks, or short-rate table filed with the commissioner.
[1951 c 229 § 2; 1947 c 79 § .20.02; formerly Rem. Supp. 1949 § 45.20.02.]
| *Reviser's note: RCW 48.20.272 was repealed by 2004 c 112 § 6.|