Fees — Disposition.
(1) The annual fees for original licenses issued for twelve consecutive months from the date of issuance under this chapter shall be:
(a) Vehicle dealers, principal place of business for each and every license classification: Nine hundred seventy-five dollars;
(b) Vehicle dealers, each subagency, and temporary subagency: One hundred dollars;
(c) Vehicle manufacturers: Five hundred dollars.
(2) The annual fee for renewal of any license issued pursuant to this chapter shall be:
(a) Vehicle dealers, principal place of business for each and every license classification: Three hundred twenty-five dollars;
(b) Vehicle dealer, each and every subagency: Twenty-five dollars;
(c) Vehicle manufacturers: Two hundred fifty dollars.
If any licensee fails or neglects to apply for such renewal within thirty days after the expiration of the license, or assigned renewal date under a staggered licensing system, the license shall be declared canceled by the director, in which case the licensee will be required to apply for an original license and pay the fee required for the original license.
(3) The fee for the transfer to another location of any license classification issued pursuant to this chapter shall be twenty-five dollars.
(4) The fee for vehicle dealer license plates and manufacturer license plates shall be the amount required by law for vehicle license plates exclusive of excise tax and gross weight and tonnage fees.
(5) All fees collected under this chapter shall be deposited in the state treasury and credited to the motor vehicle fund.
(6) The fees prescribed in this section are in addition to any excise taxes imposed by chapter 82.44 RCW.
[2012 c 74 § 7; 2002 c 352 § 23; 1990 c 250 § 65; 1986 c 241 § 10; 1986 c 241 § 9; 1979 ex.s. c 251 § 1; 1973 1st ex.s. c 132 § 7; 1967 ex.s. c 74 § 13.]
| Effective date -- 2012 c 74 §§ 1-12: See note following RCW 46.17.100.|
Effective dates -- 2002 c 352: See note following RCW 46.09.410.
Severability -- 1990 c 250: See note following RCW 46.18.215.
Effective dates -- 1986 c 241: "This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, and safety, the support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and shall take effect immediately, except section 9 of this act shall take effect July 1, 1986, and section 10 of this act shall take effect July 1, 1987." [1986 c 241 § 28.]