Disposition of revenues.
(1) Revenues generated from the sale of special license plates for those sponsoring organizations who used the application process in *RCW 46.18.110 must be deposited into the motor vehicle fund created in RCW 46.68.070 until the department determines that the state's implementation costs have been fully reimbursed.
(2) When it is determined that the state has been fully reimbursed the department must notify the house of representatives and senate transportation committees, the sponsoring organization, and the state treasurer, and begin distributing the revenue as otherwise provided by law.
(3) If reimbursement does not occur within two years from the date the special license plate is first offered for sale to the public, the special license plate series must be placed in probationary status for a period of one year from that date. If the state is still not fully reimbursed for its implementation costs after the one-year probation, the special license plate series must be discontinued immediately. Special license plates issued before discontinuation are valid until replaced under RCW 46.16A.200(10).
(4) The department shall:
(a) Provide the special license plate applicant with a written receipt for the payment; and
(b) Maintain a record of each special license plate applicant trust account deposit including, but not limited to, the name and address of each special license plate applicant whose funds are being deposited, the amount paid, and the date of the deposit.
(5) After the department receives written notice that the special license plate applicant's application has been approved by the legislature, the director shall request that the money be transferred to the motor vehicle fund created in RCW 46.68.070.
(6) After the department receives written notice that the special license plate applicant's application has been denied by the department or the legislature, the director shall provide a refund to the applicant within thirty days.
(7) After the department receives written notice that the special license plate applicant's application has been withdrawn by the special license plate applicant, the director shall provide a refund to the applicant within thirty days.
[2011 c 171 § 68. Prior: 2010 1st sp.s. c 7 § 96; 2010 c 161 § 607; 2004 c 222 § 4; 2003 c 196 § 302. Formerly RCW 46.16.755.]
| *Reviser's note: This reference has been corrected due to a codification error after the 2010 regular and special legislative sessions.|
Intent -- Effective date -- 2011 c 171: See notes following RCW 4.24.210.
Effective date -- 2010 1st sp.s. c 26; 2010 1st sp.s. c 7: See note following RCW 43.03.027.
Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.
Part headings not law -- 2003 c 196: See note following RCW 46.18.005.