(1) A farmer shall apply to the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director for a farm exempt decal for a farm vehicle if the farm vehicle is exempt under RCW 46.16A.080
(3). The farm exempt decal:
(a) Allows the farm vehicle to be operated on public highways as identified under RCW 46.16A.080
(b) Must be displayed on the farm vehicle so that it is clearly visible from outside of the farm vehicle;
(c) Must identify that the farm vehicle is exempt from the registration requirements of this chapter; and
(d) Must be visible from the rear of the farm vehicle. This requirement for a farm exempt decal to be visible from the rear of the vehicle applies only to farm exempt decals issued after July 28, 2013.
(2) A farmer or the farmer's representative must apply for a farm exempt decal on a form furnished or approved by the department. The application must show:
(a) The name and address of the person who is the owner of the vehicle;
(b) A full description of the vehicle, including its make, model, year, the motor number or the vehicle identification number if the vehicle is a motor vehicle, or the serial number if the vehicle is a trailer;
(c) The purpose for which the vehicle is principally used;
(d) The place where the farm vehicle is principally used or garaged; and
(e) Other information as required by the department upon application.
(3) The department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director shall collect the fee required under RCW 46.17.325
when issuing a farm exempt decal.
(4) A farm exempt decal may not be renewed. The status as an exempt vehicle continues until suspended or revoked for misuse, or when the vehicle is no longer used as a farm vehicle.
(5) The department may adopt rules to implement this section.
Effective date—Intent—Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session—2010 c 161:
See notes following RCW 46.04.013