Registration — Application — Renewal — Requirements — Decals.
(1) The application for an original snowmobile registration has the same requirements as described for original vehicle registrations in RCW 46.16A.040 and must be accompanied by the annual snowmobile registration fee required under RCW 46.17.350, in addition to any other fees and taxes due at the time of application.
(2) The application for renewal of a snowmobile registration has the same requirements as described for the renewal of vehicle registrations in RCW 46.16A.110 and must be accompanied by the annual snowmobile registration fee required under RCW 46.17.350, in addition to any other fees or taxes due at the time of application.
(3) The snowmobile registration is valid for one year and must be renewed each year thereafter as determined by the department.
(4) A person who acquires a snowmobile that has a valid snowmobile registration must:
(a) Apply to the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director for a transfer of the snowmobile registration within ten days of taking possession of the snowmobile; and
(b) Pay the snowmobile registration transfer fee required under RCW 46.17.420, in addition to any other fees or taxes due at the time of application.
(5) The department shall issue a snowmobile registration and snowmobile decals upon receipt of:
(a) A properly completed application for an original snowmobile registration; and
(b) The payment of all fees and taxes due at the time of application.
(6) The snowmobile registration must be carried on the vehicle for which it was issued at all times during its operation in this state.
(7) Snowmobile decals must be affixed to the snowmobile as provided in RCW 46.10.440.
(8) Snowmobile registration fees provided in this section and in RCW 46.17.350 are in lieu of any personal property or excise tax imposed on snowmobiles by this state or any political subdivision. A state agency, city, county, or other municipality may not impose other registration fees on a snowmobile in this state.
[2010 c 161 § 228; 2008 c 52 § 2; 2005 c 235 § 3; 2002 c 352 § 2; 2001 2nd sp.s. c 7 § 918; 1997 c 241 § 2; 1996 c 164 § 1; 1986 c 16 § 2; 1982 c 17 § 2; 1979 ex.s. c 182 § 5; 1973 1st ex.s. c 128 § 1; 1972 ex.s. c 153 § 20; 1971 ex.s. c 29 § 4. Formerly RCW 46.10.040.]
| Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.|
Application -- 2005 c 235: See note following RCW 46.10.300.
Effective dates -- 2002 c 352: See note following RCW 46.09.410.
Severability -- Effective date -- 2001 2nd sp.s. c 7: See notes following RCW 43.320.110.
Purpose -- Policy statement as to certain state lands -- 1972 ex.s. c 153: See RCW 79A.35.070.