Snowmobile advisory committee.
(1) There is created in the Washington state parks and recreation commission a snowmobile advisory committee to advise the commission regarding the administration of this chapter.
(2) The purpose of the committee is to assist and advise the commission in the planned development of snowmobile facilities and programs.
(3) The committee shall consist of:
(a) Six interested snowmobilers, appointed by the commission; each such member shall be a resident of one of the six geographical areas throughout this state where snowmobile activity occurs, as defined by the commission;
(b) Three representatives of the nonsnowmobiling public, appointed by the commission; and
(c) One representative of the department of natural resources, one representative of the department of fish and wildlife, and one representative of the Washington state association of counties; each of whom shall be appointed by the director of such department or association.
(4) Terms of the members appointed under subsection (3)(a) and (b) of this section shall commence on October 1st of the year of appointment and shall be for three years or until a successor is appointed, except in the case of appointments to fill vacancies which shall be for the remainder of the unexpired term: PROVIDED, That the first such members shall be appointed for terms as follows: Three members shall be appointed for one year, three members shall be appointed for two years, and three members shall be appointed for three years.
(5) Members of the committee shall be reimbursed for travel expenses as provided in RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060. Expenditures under this subsection shall be from the snowmobile account created by RCW 46.68.350.
(6) The committee may meet at times and places fixed by the committee. The committee shall meet not less than twice each year and additionally as required by the committee chair or by majority vote of the committee. One of the meetings shall be coincident with a meeting of the commission at which the committee shall provide a report to the commission. The chair of the committee shall be chosen under procedures adopted by the committee from those members appointed under subsection (3)(a) and (b) of this section.
(7) The Washington state parks and recreation commission shall serve as recording secretary to the committee. A representative of the department of licensing shall serve as an ex officio member of the committee and shall be notified of all meetings of the committee. The recording secretary and the ex officio member shall be nonvoting members.
(8) The committee shall adopt procedures to govern its proceedings.
[2010 c 161 § 235; 2010 c 8 § 9004; 1994 c 264 § 38; 1989 c 175 § 110; 1988 c 36 § 26; 1987 c 330 § 1201. Prior: 1986 c 270 § 9; 1986 c 16 § 3; 1983 c 139 § 1; 1979 ex.s. c 182 § 2. Formerly RCW 46.10.220.]
| Reviser's note: This section was amended by 2010 c 161 § 235 and by 2010 c 8 § 9004, each without reference to the other. Both amendments are incorporated in the publication of this section under RCW 1.12.025(2). For rule of construction, see RCW 1.12.025(1).|
Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.
Effective date -- 1989 c 175: See note following RCW 34.05.010.
Construction -- Application of rules -- Severability -- 1987 c 330: See notes following RCW 28B.12.050.