The following definitions apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "All terrain vehicle" means any self-propelled vehicle other than a snowmobile, capable of cross-country travel on or immediately over land, water, snow, ice, marsh, swampland, and other natural terrain, including, but not limited to, four-wheel vehicles, amphibious vehicles, ground effect or air cushion vehicles, and any other means of land transportation deriving motive power from any source other than muscle or wind; except any vehicle designed primarily for travel on, over, or in the water, farm vehicles, or any military or law enforcement vehicles.
(2) "Commission" means the Washington state parks and recreation commission.
(3) "Committee" means the Washington state parks and recreation commission snowmobile advisory committee.
(4) "Dealer" means a person, partnership, association, or corporation engaged in the business of selling snowmobiles or all terrain vehicles at wholesale or retail in this state.
(5) "Highway" means the entire width of the right-of-way of a primary and secondary state highway, including any portion of the interstate highway system.
(6) "Hunt" means any effort to kill, injure, capture, or disturb a wild animal or wild bird.
(7) "Public roadway" means the entire width of the right-of-way of any road or street designed and ordinarily used for travel or parking of motor vehicles, which is controlled by a public authority other than the Washington state department of transportation, and which is open as a matter of right to the general public for ordinary vehicular traffic.
[2010 c 161 § 225; 2005 c 235 § 1; 1979 ex.s. c 182 § 1; 1979 c 158 § 131; 1971 ex.s. c 29 § 1. Formerly RCW 46.10.010.]
| Reviser's note: The definitions in this section have been alphabetized pursuant to RCW 1.08.015(2)(k).|
Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.
Application -- 2005 c 235: "This act applies to registrations due or to become due on October 1, 2005, and thereafter." [2005 c 235 § 4.]