Registrations and decals — Exemptions.
ORV registrations and decals are required under this chapter except for the following:
(1) Off-road vehicles owned and operated by the United States, another state, or a political subdivision of the United States or another state.
(2) Off-road vehicles owned and operated by this state, a municipality, or a political subdivision of this state or the municipality.
(3) Off-road vehicles operated on agricultural lands owned or leased by the off-road vehicle owner or operator.
(4) Off-road vehicles owned by a resident of another state that have a valid ORV use permit or vehicle registration issued in accordance with the laws of the other state. This exemption applies only to the extent that a similar exemption or privilege is granted under the laws of that state.
(5) Off-road vehicles while being used for search and rescue purposes under the authority or direction of an appropriate search and rescue or law enforcement agency.
(6) Vehicles registered under chapter 46.16A RCW or, in the case of nonresidents, vehicles validly registered for operation over public highways in the jurisdiction of the owner's residence.
[2011 c 171 § 26; 2010 c 161 § 217; 2004 c 105 § 9; 1986 c 206 § 3; 1977 ex.s. c 220 § 4; 1972 ex.s. c 153 § 6; 1971 ex.s. c 47 § 10. Formerly RCW 46.09.050.]
| Intent -- Effective date -- 2011 c 171: See notes following RCW 4.24.210.|
Effective date -- Intent -- Legislation to reconcile chapter 161, Laws of 2010 and other amendments made during the 2010 legislative session -- 2010 c 161: See notes following RCW 46.04.013.
Effective date -- 1986 c 206: See note following RCW 46.09.310.
Purpose -- 1972 ex.s. c 153: See RCW 79A.35.070.