The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter:
(1) "Department" means the department of social and health services.
(2) "Secretary" means the secretary of the department of social and health services.
(3) "License" means that exercise of regulatory authority by the secretary to grant permission, authority, or liberty to do or to forbear certain activities. The term includes licenses, permits, certifications, registrations, and other similar terms.
(4) "Vendor" means an entity that provides goods or services to or for clientele of the department and that controls operational decisions.
(5) "Overpayment" means any payment or benefit to a recipient or to a vendor in excess of that to which is entitled by law, rule, or contract, including amounts in dispute.
[1987 c 75 § 42.]