(1) In addition to the provisions of this section, a continuing political committee shall file and report on the same conditions and at the same times as any other committee in accordance with the provisions of RCW 42.17A.205
, and 42.17A.220
(2) A continuing political committee shall file with the commission a report on the tenth day of each month detailing expenditures made and contributions received for the preceding calendar month. This report need only be filed if either the total contributions received or total expenditures made since the last such report exceed two hundred dollars. The report shall be on a form supplied by the commission and shall include the following information:
(b) Each expenditure made to retire previously accumulated debts of the committee identified by recipient, amount, and date of payments;
(c) Other information the commission shall prescribe by rule.
(3) If a continuing political committee makes a contribution in support of or in opposition to a candidate or ballot proposition within sixty days before the date that the candidate or ballot proposition will be voted upon, the committee shall report pursuant to RCW 42.17A.235
(4) A continuing political committee shall file reports as required by this chapter until it is dissolved, at which time a final report shall be filed. Upon submitting a final report, the duties of the treasurer shall cease and there shall be no obligation to make any further reports.
(5) The treasurer shall maintain books of account, current within five business days, that accurately reflect all contributions and expenditures. During the eight days immediately preceding the date of any election that the committee has received any contributions or made any expenditures, the books of account shall be kept current within one business day and shall be open for public inspection in the same manner as provided for candidates and other political committees in RCW 42.17A.235
(6) All reports filed pursuant to this section shall be certified as correct by the treasurer.
(7) The treasurer shall preserve books of account, bills, receipts, and all other financial records of the campaign or political committee for not less than five calendar years following the year during which the transaction occurred.
Effective date—1989 c 280:
See note following RCW 42.17A.005