(1) Every political committee shall file a statement of organization with the commission. The statement must be filed within two weeks after organization or within two weeks after the date the committee first has the expectation of receiving contributions or making expenditures in any election campaign, whichever is earlier. A political committee organized within the last three weeks before an election and having the expectation of receiving contributions or making expenditures during and for that election campaign shall file a statement of organization within three business days after its organization or when it first has the expectation of receiving contributions or making expenditures in the election campaign.
(2) The statement of organization shall include but not be limited to:
(a) The name and address of the committee;
(b) The names and addresses of all related or affiliated committees or other persons, and the nature of the relationship or affiliation;
(c) The names, addresses, and titles of its officers; or if it has no officers, the names, addresses, and titles of its responsible leaders;
(d) The name and address of its treasurer and depository;
(e) A statement whether the committee is a continuing one;
(f) The name, office sought, and party affiliation of each candidate whom the committee is supporting or opposing, and, if the committee is supporting the entire ticket of any party, the name of the party;
(g) The ballot proposition concerned, if any, and whether the committee is in favor of or opposed to such proposition;
(h) What distribution of surplus funds will be made, in accordance with RCW 42.17A.430
, in the event of dissolution;
(i) The street address of the place and the hours during which the committee will make available for public inspection its books of account and all reports filed in accordance with RCW 42.17A.235
(j) Such other information as the commission may by regulation prescribe, in keeping with the policies and purposes of this chapter;
(k) The name, address, and title of any person who authorizes expenditures or makes decisions on behalf of the candidate or committee; and
(l) The name, address, and title of any person who is paid by or is a volunteer for a candidate or political committee to perform ministerial functions and who performs ministerial functions on behalf of two or more candidates or committees.
(3) No two political committees may have the same name.
(4) Any material change in information previously submitted in a statement of organization shall be reported to the commission within the ten days following the change.
(5) As used in this section, the "name" of a sponsored committee must include the name of the person that is the sponsor of the committee. If more than one person meets the definition of sponsor, the name of the committee must include the name of at least one sponsor, but may include the names of other sponsors. A person may sponsor only one political committee for the same elected office or same ballot measure per election cycle.
Findings—Intent—Effective date—2011 c 145:
See notes following RCW 42.17A.005
Effective date—2007 c 358:
See note following RCW 42.17A.005
Effective date—1989 c 280:
See note following RCW 42.17A.005
Severability—1977 ex.s. c 336:
"If any provision of this 1977 amendatory act, or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act, or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected." [ 1977 ex.s. c 336 § 8.