Duties of board.
The county road administration board shall:
(1) Establish by rule, standards of good practice for the administration of county roads and the efficient movement of people and goods over county roads;
(2) Establish reporting requirements for counties with respect to the standards of good practice adopted by the board;
(3) Receive and review reports from counties and reports from its executive director to determine compliance with legislative directives and the standards of good practice adopted by the board;
(4) Advise counties on issues relating to county roads and the safe and efficient movement of people and goods over county roads and assist counties in developing uniform and efficient transportation-related information technology resources;
(5) Report annually before the fifteenth day of January, and throughout the year as appropriate, to the state department of transportation and to the chairs of the house and senate transportation committees, and to other entities as appropriate on the status of county road administration in each county, including one copy to the staff of each of the committees. The annual report shall contain recommendations for improving administration of the county road programs;
(6) Administer the rural arterial program established by chapter 36.79 RCW and the program funded by the county arterial preservation account established by RCW 46.68.090, as well as any other programs provided for in law.
[2005 c 319 § 102; 1999 c 269 § 1; 1993 c 65 § 3; 1990 c 266 § 2; 1987 c 505 § 19; 1983 1st ex.s. c 49 § 19; 1977 ex.s. c 235 § 4; 1965 ex.s. c 120 § 7.]
| Findings -- Intent -- Part headings -- Effective dates -- 2005 c 319: See notes following RCW 43.17.020.|
Effective date -- 1999 c 269: "This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and takes effect July 1, 1999." [1999 c 269 § 18.]
Severability -- Effective date -- 1983 1st ex.s. c 49: See RCW 36.79.900 and 36.79.901.