Trustees — General powers and duties of board.
In addition to any other powers and duties prescribed by law, the board of trustees of The Evergreen State College:
(1) Shall have full control of the state college and its property of various kinds, except as otherwise provided by law.
(2) Shall employ the president of the state college, his or her assistants, members of the faculty, and other employees of the institution, who, except as otherwise provided by law, shall hold their positions, until discharged therefrom by the board for good and lawful reason.
(3) With the assistance of the faculty of the state college, shall prescribe the course of study in the various schools and departments thereof and publish such catalogues thereof as the board deems necessary: PROVIDED, That the Washington professional educator standards board shall determine the requisites for and give program approval of all courses leading to teacher certification by such board.
(4) May establish such divisions, schools, or departments necessary to carry out the purposes of the college and not otherwise proscribed by law.
(5) Except as otherwise provided by law, may establish and erect such new facilities as determined by the board to be necessary for the college.
(6) May acquire real and other property as provided in RCW 28B.10.020, as now or hereafter amended.
(7) Except as otherwise provided by law, may purchase all supplies and purchase or lease equipment and other personal property needed for the operation or maintenance of the college.
(8) May establish, lease, operate, equip, and maintain self-supporting facilities in the manner provided in RCW 28B.10.300 through 28B.10.330, as now or hereafter amended.
(9) Except as otherwise provided by law, shall enter into such contracts as the trustees deem essential to college purposes.
(10) May receive such gifts, grants, conveyances, devises, and bequests of real or personal property from whatsoever source, as may be made from time to time, in trust or otherwise, whenever the terms and conditions thereof will aid in carrying out the college programs; sell, lease, or exchange, invest or expend the same or the proceeds, rents, profits, and income thereof except as limited by the terms and conditions thereof; and adopt regulations to govern the receipt and expenditure of the proceeds, rents, profits, and income thereof.
(11) In accordance with RCW 28B.77.080, may offer new degree programs, offer off-campus programs, participate in consortia or centers, contract for off-campus educational programs, and purchase or lease major off-campus facilities.
(12) May promulgate such rules and regulations, and perform all other acts not forbidden by law, as the board of trustees may in its discretion deem necessary or appropriate to the administration of the college.
[2012 c 229 § 813; 2011 c 336 § 734; 2006 c 263 § 825; 2004 c 275 § 56; 1985 c 370 § 95; 1977 ex.s. c 169 § 68; 1969 ex.s. c 223 § 28B.40.120. Prior: 1909 c 97 p 252 § 4; RRS § 4607; prior: 1905 c 85 § 1; 1897 c 118 § 215; 1893 c 107 § 4. Formerly RCW 28.81.050.]
| Effective date -- 2012 c 229 §§ 101, 117, 401, 402, 501 through 594, 601 through 609, 701 through 708, 801 through 821, 902, and 904: See note following RCW 28B.77.005.|
Findings -- Purpose -- Part headings not law -- 2006 c 263: See notes following RCW 28A.150.230.
Part headings not law -- 2004 c 275: See note following RCW 28B.76.090.
Severability -- Nomenclature -- Savings -- 1977 ex.s. c 169: See notes following RCW 28B.10.016.