The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Certificate of formation" means the certificate referred to in RCW 25.15.070, and the certificate as amended.
(2) "Event of dissociation" means an event that causes a person to cease to be a member as provided in RCW 25.15.130.
(3) "Foreign limited liability company" means an entity that is formed under:
(a) The limited liability company laws of any state other than this state; or
(b) The laws of any foreign country that is: (i) An unincorporated association, (ii) formed under a statute pursuant to which an association may be formed that affords to each of its members limited liability with respect to the liabilities of the entity, and (iii) not required, in order to transact business or conduct affairs in this state, to be registered or qualified under Title 23B or 24 RCW, or any other chapter of the Revised Code of Washington authorizing the formation of a domestic entity and the registration or qualification in this state of similar entities formed under the laws of a jurisdiction other than this state.
(4) "Limited liability company" and "domestic limited liability company" means a limited liability company having one or more members that is organized and existing under this chapter.
(5) "Limited liability company agreement" means any written agreement of the members, or any written statement of the sole member, as to the affairs of a limited liability company and the conduct of its business which is binding upon the member or members.
(6) "Limited liability company interest" means a member's share of the profits and losses of a limited liability company and a member's right to receive distributions of the limited liability company's assets.
(7) "Manager" or "managers" means, with respect to a limited liability company that has set forth in its certificate of formation that it is to be managed by managers, the person, or persons designated in accordance with RCW 25.15.150(2).
(8) "Member" means a person who has been admitted to a limited liability company as a member as provided in RCW 25.15.115 and who has not been dissociated from the limited liability company.
(9) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or a separate legal entity comprised of two or more of these entities, or any other legal or commercial entity.
(10) "Professional limited liability company" means a limited liability company which is organized for the purpose of rendering professional service and whose certificate of formation sets forth that it is a professional limited liability company subject to RCW 25.15.045.
(11) "Professional service" means the same as defined under RCW 18.100.030.
(12) "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
(13) "State" means the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or any state, territory, possession, or other jurisdiction of the United States other than the state of Washington.
[2010 c 196 § 1; 2008 c 198 § 4; 2002 c 296 § 3; 2000 c 169 § 1; 1995 c 337 § 13; 1994 c 211 § 101.]
| Finding -- 2008 c 198: See note following RCW 39.34.030.|
Effective date -- 1995 c 337: "This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and shall take effect July 1, 1995." [1995 c 337 § 23.]