Withdrawal of foreign corporation.
A foreign corporation authorized to conduct affairs in this state may withdraw from this state upon procuring from the secretary of state a certificate of withdrawal. In order to procure such certificate of withdrawal, such foreign corporation shall deliver to the secretary of state an application for withdrawal, which shall set forth:
(1) The name of the corporation and the state or country under the laws of which it is incorporated.
(2) That the corporation is not conducting affairs in this state.
(3) That the corporation surrenders its authority to conduct affairs in this state.
(4) That the corporation revokes the authority of its registered agent in this state to accept service of process and consents that service of process in any action, suit or proceeding based upon any cause of action arising in this state during the time the corporation was authorized to conduct affairs in this state may thereafter be made on such corporation by service thereof on the secretary of state.
(5) A copy of a revenue clearance certificate issued pursuant to chapter 82.32 RCW.
(6) A post office address to which the secretary of state may mail a copy of any process against the corporation that may be served on the secretary of state.
The application for withdrawal shall be made on forms prescribed and furnished by the secretary of state and shall be executed by the corporation by an officer of the corporation, or, if the corporation is in the hands of a receiver or trustee, shall be executed on behalf of the corporation by such receiver or trustee.
[1993 c 356 § 7; 1982 c 35 § 104; 1967 c 235 § 75.]
| Effective date -- 1993 c 356: See note following RCW 24.03.046.|
Intent -- Severability -- Effective dates -- Application -- 1982 c 35: See notes following RCW 43.07.160.