Fuel mix disclosure — Electricity product categories — Disclosure format.
(1) Each retail supplier shall disclose the fuel mix of each electricity product it offers to retail electric customers as follows:
(a) For an electricity product comprised entirely of declared resources, a retail supplier shall disclose the fuel mix for the electricity product based on the quantity of electric generation from those declared resources for the previous calendar year and any adjustment, if taken, available under subsection (6) of this section.
(b) For an electricity product comprised of no declared resources, a retail supplier shall report the fuel mix for the electricity product as the fuel mix of net system power for the previous calendar year, as determined by the electricity information coordinator under RCW 19.29A.080.
(c) For an electricity product comprised of a combination of declared resources and the net system power, a retail supplier shall disclose the fuel mix for the electricity product as a weighted average of the megawatt-hours from declared resources and the megawatt-hours from the net system power mix for the previous calendar year according to the proportion of declared resources and net system power contained in the electricity product.
(2) The disclosures required by this section shall identify the percentage of the total electricity product sold by a retail supplier during the previous calendar year from each of the following categories:
(a) Coal generation;
(b) Hydroelectric generation;
(c) Natural gas generation;
(d) Nuclear generation; and
(e) Other generation, except that when a component of the other generation category meets or exceeds two percent of the total electricity product sold by a retail supplier during the previous calendar year, the retail supplier shall identify the component or components and display the fuel mix percentages for these component sources, which may include, but are not limited to: (i) Biomass generation; (ii) geothermal generation; (iii) landfill gas generation; (iv) oil generation; (v) solar generation; (vi) waste incineration; or (vii) wind generation. A retail supplier may voluntarily identify any component or components within the other generation category that comprises two percent or less of annual sales.
(3) Retail suppliers may separately report a subcategory of natural gas generation to identify high efficiency cogeneration.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, a retail supplier cannot include in the disclosure label any environmental quality or environmental impact qualifier related to any of the generation categories disclosed.
(5) For the portion of an electricity product purchased from the Bonneville power administration, retail suppliers may disclose the Bonneville power administration system mix.
(6) A retail supplier may adjust its reported fuel mix for known changes in its declared resources for the current year based on any changes in its sources of electricity supply from either generation or contracts. If a retail supplier changes its fuel mix during a calendar year, it shall report those changes to the electricity information coordinator.
(7) Disclosure of the fuel mix information required in this section shall be made in the following uniform format: A tabular format with two columns, where the first column shall alphabetically list each category and the second column shall display the corresponding percentage of the total that each category represents. The percentage shall be reported as a numeric value rounded to the nearest one percent. The percentages listed for the categories identified must sum to one hundred percent with the table displaying such a total.
[2000 c 213 § 4.]
| Finding -- Intent -- 2000 c 213: See note following RCW 19.29A.050.|