Commission — Powers.
In addition to any other authority provided by law, the commission may:
(1) Determine minimum nursing assistant education requirements and approve training programs;
(2) Approve education and training programs and examinations for medication assistants as provided in RCW 18.88A.082;
(3) Define the prescriber-ordered treatments a medication assistant is authorized to perform under RCW 18.88A.082;
(4) Prepare, grade, and administer, or determine the nature of, and supervise the grading and administration of, the competency evaluation for applicants for nursing assistant certification, using the same competency evaluation for all applicants, whether qualifying to take the competency evaluation under an approved training program or alternative training;
(5) Establish forms and procedures for evaluation of an applicant's alternative training under criteria adopted pursuant to RCW 18.88A.087;
(6) Define and approve any experience requirement for nursing assistant certification;
(7) Adopt rules implementing a continuing competency evaluation program for nursing assistants; and
(8) Adopt rules to enable it to carry into effect the provisions of this chapter.
[2012 c 208 § 6; 2010 c 169 § 6; 1994 sp.s. c 9 § 710; 1991 c 16 § 8; 1989 c 300 § 8; 1988 c 267 § 7. Formerly RCW 18.52B.070.]
| Effective date -- 2012 c 208 §§ 2-10: See note following RCW 18.88A.020.|
Findings -- Rules -- 2012 c 208: See notes following RCW 18.88A.082.
Conflict with federal requirements -- 2010 c 169: See note following RCW 18.88A.010.
Severability -- Headings and captions not law -- Effective date -- 1994 sp.s. c 9: See RCW 18.79.900 through 18.79.902.