Board — Powers and duties.
The board has the following powers and duties:
(1) To develop and administer, or approve, or both, examinations to applicants for a license under this chapter.
(2) To pass upon the qualifications of applicants for a license and to certify to the secretary duly qualified applicants.
(3) To make such rules not inconsistent with the laws of this state as may be deemed necessary or proper to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
(4) To establish and administer requirements for continuing competency, which shall be a prerequisite to renewing a license under this chapter.
(5) To keep an official record of all its proceedings, which record shall be evidence of all proceedings of the board which are set forth therein.
(6) To adopt rules not inconsistent with the laws of this state, when it deems appropriate, in response to questions put to it by professional health associations, physical therapists, and consumers in this state concerning the authority of physical therapists to perform particular acts.
(7) To adopt rules to define and specify the education and training requirements for physical therapist assistants and physical therapy aides.
[1995 c 299 § 1; 1995 c 198 § 9. Prior: 1991 c 12 § 3; 1991 c 3 § 175; 1986 c 259 § 124; 1983 c 116 § 4.]
| Reviser's note: This section was amended by 1995 c 198 § 9 and by 1995 c 299 § 1, each without reference to the other. Both amendments are incorporated in the publication of this section pursuant to RCW 1.12.025(2). For rule of construction, see RCW 1.12.025(1).|
Effective dates -- 1991 c 12 §§ 1, 2, 3, 6: See note following RCW 18.74.010.
Severability -- 1986 c 259: See note following RCW 18.130.010.