Limitations on health care services.
No health care services may be performed under this chapter in any of the following areas:
(1) The measurement of the powers or range of human vision, or the determination of the accommodation and refractive state of the human eye or the scope of its functions in general, or the fitting or adaptation of lenses or frames for the aid thereof.
(2) The prescribing or directing the use of, or using, any optical device in connection with ocular exercises, visual training, vision training or orthoptics.
(3) The prescribing of contact lenses for, or the fitting or adaptation of contact lenses to, the human eye.
(4) Nothing in this section shall preclude the performance of routine visual screening.
(5) The practice of dentistry or dental hygiene as defined in chapter 18.32 and 18.29 RCW respectively. The exemptions set forth in RCW 18.32.030, paragraphs (1) and (8), shall not apply to a physician's assistant.
(6) The practice of chiropractic as defined in chapter 18.25 RCW including the adjustment or manipulation of the articulations of the spine.
(7) The practice of podiatric medicine and surgery as defined in chapter 18.22 RCW.
[2000 c 171 § 21; 1973 c 77 § 20; 1971 ex.s. c 30 § 12.]
| Severability -- 1971 ex.s. c 30: See note following RCW 18.71A.010.|