The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Department" means the department of health.
(2) "Recreation therapy" means the use of recreational, and/or community activities to include leisure counseling and community integration as treatment intervention to improve functional leisure and community competence of persons with a physical, cognitive, emotional, behavioral, or social disability. The primary purpose of recreation therapy is the use of leisure and community integration activities to restore, remediate, or rehabilitate persons in order to improve functioning and independence, as well as reduce or eliminate the effects of illness or disability.
(3) "Recreational therapist" means a person registered under this chapter.
(4) "Registration" means the registration issued to a person under this chapter.
(5) "Secretary" means the secretary of health or the secretary's designee.