Standards for small assisted living facilities — Study.
The department of health, the department, and the building code council shall develop standards for small assisted living facilities between seven and sixteen beds that address at least the following issues:
(1) Domestic food refrigeration and freezer storage;
(2) Sinks and sink placement;
(4) Use of heat supplements for water temperature in clothes washers;
(5) Yard shrubbery;
(6) Number of janitorial rooms in a facility;
(7) Number and cross-purpose of dirty rooms;
(8) Instant hot water faucets;
(9) Medication refrigeration; and
(10) Walled and gated facilities.
Based on the standards developed under this section, the department of health and the building code council shall study the risks and benefits of modifying and simplifying construction and equipment standards for assisted living facilities with a capacity of seven to sixteen persons. The study shall include coordination with the department. The department of health shall report its findings and recommendations to appropriate committees of the legislature no later than December 1, 2005.
[2012 c 10 § 30; 2005 c 505 § 1.]
| Application -- 2012 c 10: See note following RCW 18.20.010.|