The Washington state-certified counselors and hypnotherapist advisory committee is established.
(1) The committee is comprised of seven members. Two committee members must be certified counselors or certified advisers. Two committee members must be hypnotherapists. Three committee members must be consumers and represent the public at large and may not hold any mental health care provider license, certification, or registration.
(2) Two committee members must be appointed for a term of one year, two committee members must be appointed for a term of two years, and three committee members must be appointed for a term of three years. Subsequent committee members must be appointed for terms of three years. A person may not serve as a committee member for more than two consecutive terms.
(3)(a) Each committee member must be a resident of the state of Washington.
(b) A committee member may not hold an office in a professional association for their profession.
(c) Advisory committee members may not be employed by the state of Washington.
(d) Each professional committee member must have been actively engaged in their profession for five years immediately preceding appointment.
(e) The consumer committee members must represent the general public and be unaffiliated directly or indirectly with the professions credentialed under this chapter.
(4) The secretary shall appoint the committee members.
(5) Committee members are immune from suit in an action, civil or criminal, based on the department's disciplinary proceedings or other official acts performed in good faith.
(6) Committee members must be compensated in accordance with RCW 43.03.240
, including travel expenses in carrying out his or her authorized duties in accordance with RCW 43.03.050
(7) The committee shall elect a chair and vice chair.
[2008 c 135 § 19.]
Effective date—2008 c 135 §§ 1, 2, 7-9, and 11-19:
See note following RCW 18.19.020