As used in this chapter, unless a different meaning is plainly required by the context:
(1) "Department" means the department of agriculture of the state of Washington.
(2) "Director" means the director of the department of agriculture or his or her duly authorized representative.
(3) "Person" means any natural persons, firm, partnership, exchange, association, trustee, receiver, corporation, and any member, officer, or employee thereof or assignee for the benefit of creditors.
(4) "Producer" means any person who owns or is engaged in the business of commercially producing tree fruit or has orchard plantings intended for commercial tree fruit production.
(5) "Sanitation program" means a program designed to eliminate pests and/or plants or trees which serve as hosts to pests or diseases of tree fruits.
[2010 c 8 § 6025; 1983 c 281 § 2; 1969 c 129 § 3.]